The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Problem Using Scripting Bridge and OmniGraffle Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hi -

I'm attempting to programatically create shapes, etc via an app I'm creating using Scripting Bridge, but I'm not having much luck.

I have the following code:

Code:
OmniGraffleDocument *document = [[[omnigraffle classForScriptingClass:@"document"] alloc] init];
[[omnigraffle documents] addObject:document];
SBElementArray *canvases = [document canvases];
OmniGraffleCanvas *mainCanvas = [canvases objectAtIndex:0];

// build the shape
NSDictionary *props = [NSDictionary dictionaryWithObjectsAndKeys:
		[NSArray arrayWithObjects:[NSNumber numberWithInt:20],[NSNumber numberWithInt:20]],@"origin",
		[NSArray arrayWithObjects:[NSNumber numberWithInt:100],[NSNumber numberWithInt:100]],@"size",
		FALSE,@"drawsShadow",
		TRUE,@"drawsStroke",
		@"ShapeName","name",
		[NSColor blackColor],@"stroke color"
		];

OmniGraffleShape *shape = [[[[omnigraffle classForScriptingClass:@"shape"] alloc] initWithProperties:props] autorelease];
[[mainCanvas shapes] addObject:shape]
;

It successfully communicates to OmniGraffle, and creates a new document. But when it attempts to add the new shape to the canvas (the last line of code), it dies with the following in the debugger:

Code:
2009-12-02 16:43:13.242 TestApp[29013:813] Apple event returned an error.  Event = 'core'\'crel'{ 'kocl':'OGSh', 'insh':'insl'{ 'kobj':'obj '{ 'want':'OGSh', 'from':'obj '{ 'want':'OGWS', 'from':'obj '{ 'from':'null'(), 'want':'docu', 'form':'name', 'seld':'utxt'("Untitled 5") }, 'form':'indx', 'seld':1 }, 'form':'indx', 'seld':'abso'($206C6C61$) }, 'kpos':'end ' }, 'prdt':{  } }
Error info = {
    ErrorNumber = -10000;
}
Anyone have any experiences using Scripting Bridge and OmniGraffle?

Thanks!
--Eric