The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

make new inbox task Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

I'm trying to modify Curt Cliftons "Send URL to OmniFocus" script, so that it adds a project and context to the task while executed, but I seem to fail in this.

Code:
make new inbox task with properties {name:(actionPrefix & theName), note:theURL}
When I read the AppleScript dictoinary for OmniFocus, I see:

Code:
name (text) : The name of the task.
note (rich text) : The note of the task.
containing project (project, r/o) : The task's project, up however many levels of parent tasks. Inbox tasks aren't considered contained by their provisionalliy assigned container, so if the task is actually an inbox task, this will be missing value.
parent task (task, r/o) : The task holding this task. If this is missing value, then this is a top level task -- either the root of a project or an inbox item.

So I hacked the script like this:

Code:
make new inbox task with properties {name:(actionPrefix & theName), note:theURL, context:"test",containing project:"test" }
But then it fails silently. I hope some can shed some clue on my understanding of this subject?

Best,

Jacco

Your problem may be that r/o ("read/only") properties can not be set.

You can't just supply the text name of the project or context - you must find the actual project or context object.

There are a number of ways to do this, please refer to the scripting dictionary.