The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Filling a SurveyMonkey Form Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I needed to enter data in a SurveyMonkey survey form (the home page is http://www.surveymonkey.com Click on My Surveys to see example survey forms). When I clicked on a circle to record a check mark, the entire line was highlighted, but no check mark appeared (one appeared briefly but then disappeared). An icon appeared in the lower right status bar showing a magnifying glass with a + at its upper right. In the OW 5.1 User Manual this is described as:
~~
Add Search
•This item appears when your cursor is active in a search field on a web page. Click the icon to create a Shortcut for searching the site that is accessible from the toolbar search field.
~~
When I clicked on the icon, nothing obvious happens.

I had to fill out the form using Safari 4. Is this a bug in OmniWeb 5.9.2?

Harvey

It's a browser sniffing issue. If you identify to surveymonkey.com as e.g. Safari 4 using the Site Specific preferences, it works fine. They don't like it if you identify as OmniWeb.

Hi Harvey,

If you spoof as Safari does the problem go away? I believe this is a detection issue on the site and they aren't properly recognizing OmniWeb as a WebKit based browser.

Thanks Jonathan and Troy. Yes, changing the browser identification to either Safari or Firefox solved the problem. You have been VERY helpful.