The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Email to Omnifocus Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've been playing with the email to Omnifocus capability. i.e. the send to mail address send-to-omnifocus@omnigroup.com. This works great, but the idea struck me if this can be used to send an action to another person.

What I'm working on is a way for collaborators in my business to send and receive actions to each other. For example, I'd like to have one of my sales engineers be able to send an action on a particular project to one of my inside sales people and then have them both be able to track it.

Hopefully, there is some sort of server project coming along where two or more people can share an action and update status on each (note field etc...). But for now, I'd like to have them be able to send an action to each other.

Right now, if you send this into the address above, it comes right back to you formatted as an action. What happens if you forward this on to another person? Can they accept it into their omnifocus database?

Another question - is there a way to take an action out of your database and email it to someone else so that there is an attachment that if they click on it it will be accepted into their database? Think how iCal does this for meeting invites.

I guess, I'd very much like to know if there is a way to do what I can do on my iPad on both the mac and the iphone (and/or). Is there a script way to do this on the Mac? Is this capability coming to the Mac and to the iPhone? If so, when?

J.

J.

The email generated can be accepted by any user's copy of OmniFocus. It just creates a new action with specified action name and note.

So that can be forwarded on with no issues.

Otherwise, the only way this can be done directly today is through the iPad version?

J.

Wow-glad you are able to make it work. For some reason i cannot get this feature to work.

I am using apple mail. Throw me a bone please

Quote:
Originally Posted by u352 View Post
Wow-glad you are able to make it work. For some reason i cannot get this feature to work.

I am using apple mail. Throw me a bone please
Help us help you, and describe exactly what you have done, and to what result. Pretend we aren't watching over your shoulder, and thus can't see so well :-)