The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Import resources? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I think this is a request for an enhancement, though I would be delighted to find out that I am just too stupid to know how to do this.....:)

In my environment, I end up planning multiple projects with similar but only partially overlapping resources. It becomes tedious recreating them for each new project. Somewhat better but still not ideal is what I have started doing: create and save a template with no tasks but with as comprehensive a list of resources as I can imagine, and then delete those not applicable to that project.

What I would like is to be able to save individual 'packets' of resources and then import those that are pertinent to a new project.

The flow I imagine is (1) somehow marking or tagging a set of targeted resources in a current project; (2) exporting this as a 'resource file' of some sort; (3) and then being able to import this file into subsequent projects.

Peter Elias

Hi Peter,

I have filed a feature request in our database for this. (I think you emailed this request if I'm not mistaken.)

If anyone else would like to vote for this feature, please send post a reply here or email us at omniplan@omnigroup.com.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akwong
Hi Peter,

I have filed a feature request in our database for this. (I think you emailed this request if I'm not mistaken.)
snip...snip
Yes, after posting here it occurred to me that I should simply make my request directly.

Thanks.

Peter