The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

5.6 webkit speeds vs. current Safari 3 beta Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I can attest that it sucks up memory for me too. I'm on a Powerbook G4 1.67Ghz machine with 1.5 GB of RAM installed. Here's a screenshot of my Activity Monitor with OW highlighted.

I've had OW open all day, but the whole computer is shutdown each night. I never have more than 8 tabs open at once.

I'm more than happy to send any logs or about any other kind of information OmniGroup might find useful in identifying such a high memory usage.

I wonder if it has something to do with the number of News Feeds? I noticed that after adding a bunch, my real memory usage bolted up from about 60MB to 170MB.

For me it would not be RSS since I have no RSS feeds set up in OW. All my RSS is accessed via Google Reader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardcoreUFO
Safari 3 hangs terribly on a number of sites (e.g. Yahoo), so its definitely not ready for prime-time. A shame, because its find-as-you type functionality is great (where is this for OW??), as well as little niceties like re-sizeable text fields. Based on qualitative, subjective information so far, I lean toward OW being both faster and more stable at the moment.
Omni's "search" may not be stylish looking as Safari but it is the only web browser search function with regular expression. The possibilities are endless.