The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

question on stalled project filter Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I was wondering with all the changes in perspectives , is there a way to get the stalled project filter , when you focus on a project , to not open the new focus window with the stalled filter in place ?

I want to add a new action and once I initiate that process , it disappears from the window , I have to go to a " recently changed projects " perspective I have to find it and add the action .

Here's what I did:
  • Switch to project mode
  • Set view bar to Project Filter=All, Grouping=Folder, Sorting=Unsorted, Status Filter=Remaining, Est. Time Filter=Any, Fiag Filter=Any
  • Select Library in the Sidebar
  • Close the sidebar (by dragging the handle at the bottom of the separator to the left)
  • Create a new perspective named "Project Focus"
  • In the Perspectives Window, make sure it is set to restore Layout and Selection
  • Take a snapshot of the window (I think this is necessary to get OF to remember the layout after turning on that option.)

In OF preferences, under General, I set "Project Focus" to be my default perspective for new windows.* Now double-clicking an action opens a window using this perspective, but focused on the project to which the double-clicked action belongs.

* Note: There is a bug in OF 1.7.1 that the default perspectives drop-down list in General Preferences only gets updated on a relaunch of OF. So until that's fixed you need to quit OF after setting of the perspective. Then just relaunch and set the default perspective.

Curt

Thanks Curt ! that's exactly what I needed .

I had the same problem. Thanks for the solution!