The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus 1.6.5 for iPhone is now available Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
OmniFocus 1.6.5 for iPhone is a minor update to OmniFocus which focuses on interface improvements and synchronization fixes.

Interface
  • When adding a photo attachment on devices with cameras, you now have the option of picking an existing photo from your photo library.
  • OmniFocus for iPhone now starts with the same built-in perspectives as OmniFocus for Mac (such as the Completed perspective, which shows completed items grouped and ordered by completion date).
  • Installing the Safari bookmarklet no longer prompts with a redundant message.
  • Calendar notifications no longer have an unusably long prefix for German customers.

Synchronization
  • Fixed a problem which could cause completed projects to be reopened when an out-of-date device was synchronized.
  • If the sync database needs to be compacted, OmniFocus will automatically unregister devices which haven't synchronized in over three weeks.

Bugs
  • Fixed a bug where Settings wasn't laying out properly after using the Compact Database button.
  • Send Feedback no longer crashes when Mail isn't set up.
  • Fixed a spurious "Cannot Save" error which could occur when syncing old changes after creating attachments.
  • Fixed some compatibility issues with future versions of the iPhone OS.

We love hearing from you! You can reach us by tapping Send Feedback on the Settings screen, sending email to omnifocus-iphone@omnigroup.com, tweeting to @omnifocus, or calling 1-800-315-OMNI or +1 206-523-4152.

I am excited for the new "Completed" perspective!

Last edited by aliteralmind; 2010-06-11 at 03:20 AM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliteralmind View Post
I am excited for the new "Completed" perspective!
Take a look at this thread for some discussion of that perspective.

Curt

Thanks for fixing the "bug" with the german translation of "due" when syncing with ical.

It is great to have available a new update, but it would be much better if it works.
I updated yesterday and when trying to open Omnifocus on my iPhone it crashed when "optimizing database", as it happened with 1.6.(?)

I would appreciate if this new big bug can be fixed, as there is no way to open my iPhone Omnifocus and I need to work with it.

Thank you in advance

It sounds like you may have a corrupted database on your iPhone. If you have a back up of your database on your desktop (i.e. in OmniFocus for the Mac) or on a WebDAV server, to reset the app on your iPhone, delete OmniFocus from your iPhone and re-install it.

You'll have to set-up your preferences again but the imported database from your desktop/back-up should allow you to proceed without the corruption (unless that too is corrupted).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT View Post
It sounds like you may have a corrupted database on your iPhone. If you have a back up of your database on your desktop (i.e. in OmniFocus for the Mac) or on a WebDAV server, to reset the app on your iPhone, delete OmniFocus from your iPhone and re-install it.

You'll have to set-up your preferences again but the imported database from your desktop/back-up should allow you to proceed without the corruption (unless that too is corrupted).
Thank you, JKT. I have followed your indications and changed sync preferences, but even after restoring ddbb on my Mac I still have the problem. Omnifocus for iPhone crashes when trying to optimize ddbb. This only happen after updating to 1.6.5. Same problem as the bug which came with 1.6.2 update.
I strongly appreciate some ideas, as Omnifocus does not work now on my iPhone.

Thanks in advance

Another possibility is that your downloaded application is corrupted. You can try to "buy" the application again from the App Store using the same account that you used originally. When you click the Buy button, iTunes should indicate that you've already purchased it, but then download it anyway.

Also, you can always contact support at omnifocus-iphone@omnigroup.com. Their support team is the best in the business. Part of the price of Omni products is access to that terrific support team.

Good luck!

Curt

Thank you, Clift. At last I could do it by uninstalling the App from iTunes and re-installing it again. But now Perspectives have disappeared, is it normal?