The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Updating completion progress Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Greetings

Frustrated by a few things and hope I just don't understand ...

1. I update and report my project plan weekly. When I want to update progress on a task, I have to do so in percentage terms. My team communicates progress to me on a 'number of days' basis, i.e. how many days have they expended on a task, in that particular week. I then have to translate this to a percentage and add it to a prior percentage. Can I just add in the progress as a number of days not by percentage?

2. When updating the completion percentage for a task with a resource that is at say 80% efficiency, it calculates against the 'duration' instead of the 'effort'. If my resource managed a 100% effort on a task for a week, it isn't reflected accurately, as it should be against 'effort'!!!

3. I'd like to add in columns in the left hand pane to make it easier to read. I currently have 'effort' and 'duration' expressed as a number of days and would like to add in 'completed days' and 'days left to complete'. Do-able?

Many thx
Mark