The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Subprojects don't show up in right-hand panel Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hello,
I've searched the forums for the answer to this question, but I apologize if my question is redundant.

I'm a new user from iGTD. Many of my projects have subprojects that are related to the parent project. In iGTD I keep this grouped under the parent project and the subprojects show up on the left-hand window (ie. planning mode). In Omnifocus, if I create a subproject of the parent project, it doesn't show up in the left-hand window (ie. planning mode).

I tried to get around this by making the parent project a folder in Planning mode, but that precludes me from now putting tasks in the parent project directly that aren't associated with any subproject. These usually fall into the category of recurring tasks that are weekly and related to the overall project.

This seems like a relatively straight forward, and likely common, problem. Am I missing something obvious, or is what I require impossible? If so, I'm sad to say that I'll have to scrap OmniFocus for the time being.

Last edited by reuben; 2007-10-12 at 09:54 AM.. Reason: I mistakenly wrote "right-hand panel" when I meant "left-hand panel"