The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Gmail problems Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Using OW 5.5.2 beta, I notice very poor interactivity with Gmail. I have to go in and pretend to be Safari 2.0.4 (which would be the closest WebKit browser to OW), which allows Gmail to function properly initially. However, if I switch to another tab, then switch back, *none* of the links on the Gmail page work.

What happens when you try spoofing as just plain old OmniWeb exactly?

For me, it just goes to the red 'loading...' in the upper-right and stays there forever.

Works OK for me, identified as OmniWeb. Try deleting your cookies for GMail to see if that helps.

Works fine for me too. There was a problem with the previous beta, but was corrected for beta 2

I have installed the new beta, but gMail is still totally unresponsive. None of the links anywhere on the page, save for the links to the other google products across the top, work.

I have also deleted all my gmail cookies and disabled my userContent.css filtering, but nothing is working.

Quit OmniWeb and try setting aside your preference file:

~/Library/Preferences/com.omnigroup.OmniWeb5.plist

Now restart OmniWeb and try logging in to gmail without changing any settings. Any luck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb
Quit OmniWeb and try setting aside your preference file:

~/Library/Preferences/com.omnigroup.OmniWeb5.plist

Now restart OmniWeb and try logging in to gmail without changing any settings. Any luck?
That seemed to work; thanks.

If you want to send your preference file to us via the "Send Feedback" link in the Help menu we'll be happy to see what's causing problems in there for you.