The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PDA Recommendations? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm about ready to ditch my Treo 700p. Like other Mac users, I'm tired of the lack of support from Palm. (It's been HOW LONG since they updated the desktop software?)

What other PDA/smartphones are people using with Omnifocus?

I'll probably have to shop around a bit to make sure everything syncs (My organization uses Oracle Calendar, which doesn't play nice with anything.) but I'd appreciate hearing about PDA/smartphones and syncing systems that seem to be working well with Omnifocus.

Thanks!

-Cloy

I'm pretty happy with my Palm. Have you tried using Missing Sync instead of Palm Desktop?

I considered Missing Sync for my Treo; unfortunately, my office uses Oracle Calendar which is not supported on Missing Sync. With the Treo I'm forced to use the Palm Sync and the Oracle conduit.

Thanks for your response.

I suspect that, given the number of OmniGroup folk who have iPhones and the imminent arrival of the iPhone SDK, that your best bet for OmniFocus compatibility going forward is going to be the iPhone. However, I would wait to see if OmniGroup have any reaction to the SDK news later this week...

Agree with JKT -- in response to iPhone SDK, am waiting for OmniGroup and other 3rd party developers for iPhone to come up with task list on iPhone and category/context syncing. Even better would be an iPhone version of OmniFocus with syncing. When that happens, I'll be first in line to get an iPhone and "OmniFocus Mobile".

In the meantime, am languishing with Entourage 2004/Treo 650/Missing Sync. OmniFocus is near perfect GTD implementation, but sorely lacking mobile, realtime task entry to make it useful at present.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctobola View Post
I considered Missing Sync for my Treo; unfortunately, my office uses Oracle Calendar which is not supported on Missing Sync. With the Treo I'm forced to use the Palm Sync and the Oracle conduit.

Thanks for your response.
MissingSync runs non MS conduits as long as they are in the Palm directory tree location. I've not tested this with Oracle conduit, but it may work just fine.