The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Can Default Start Time be Changed Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I have set my default due time to be 3:00pm but I see no way to change the default start time.

If I set start date of say Oct 20 OF will set the start time to be 12:00am Oct 20. Is there a way to set it to something else , e.g. 8am ?

thanks

Peter

Not that Omni has ever disclosed. However, you can fix a bunch of start dates at once by selecting them as a group, then bringing up the inspector to change them.

Thanks. That will help somewhat.

I found a script to replace all start times from 00:00 to what you want (in this example 06:00).
If in this script you replace "Start" by "Due", il also works for due times (help me not to have an alert at midnight!)
Hope it will help.
Regards,

-- Find and replace start dates
-- Edit properties below (integers in range 0 - 24 for hours, 0 - 60 for minutes)

property pFindHours : 0
property pFindMins : 0

property pReplaceHours : 6 -- Desired start (hours)
property pReplaceMins : 0 -- Desired start (mins)

on run
tell application id "com.omnigroup.omnifocus"
tell default document
set lstTasks to (flattened tasks where start date is not missing value)
set lngChanges to 0
repeat with i from 1 to length of lstTasks
set dteStart to start date of item i of lstTasks
tell dteStart
if (its hours = pFindHours and its minutes = pFindMins) then
set {its hours, its minutes} to {pReplaceHours, pReplaceMins}
set start date of item i of lstTasks to dteStart
set lngChanges to lngChanges + 1
end if
end tell
end repeat
end tell
end tell

display dialog (lngChanges as string) & " start dates changed from " & PadNum(pFindHours, 2) & ":" & PadNum(pFindMins, 2) & ¬
" to " & PadNum(pReplaceHours, 2) & ":" & PadNum(pReplaceMins, 2) with title "Find & Replace Start Time"
end run

on PadNum(lngNum, lngDigits)
set strNum to lngNum as string
set lngGap to (lngDigits - (length of strNum))
repeat while lngGap > 0
set strNum to "0" & strNum
set lngGap to lngGap - 1
end repeat
strNum
end PadNum

I'd suggest that this be a preference option, as it is very frustrating to set start times individually. In general, I am much more focused on start dates and times than on due dates--thanks to some advice I received on this forum--and that works very well for me. Things like Perspectives and default settings tend to be oriented toward due dates; it would be nice to see some start-date-centric stuff where possible.

What in particular have you found to be more due date centric? Aside from the due soon concept, they seem quite similar to me...