The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OO Pro 4.0? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I also do all graphics in OmniGraffle and copy/paste into Keynote (OG should be a required graphics program for all instructors). But for some reason I seem to be very visual and do the graphics/animations first and then add notes ... I then rearrange/edit both the graphics and the notes.

I'm curious when you say that you import PDFs into OO do you mean that there is a way to import a PDF directly? Or do you mean that you add the PDF as an attachment? Or something else?

I can't import PDFs (other as attachments) so the only way I can think of would be to create the presentation, export the graphics to individual PNGs, export the presentation to iWork 06 format (to get whatever notes I have), import that file into OO and then manually add the graphics. But that process would be one-way Keynote => OO.

Have I missed some import option?

It seems to me that Smart Folders are a sub-case of filtering which is what I really want. Give me a way to filter/sort the outline based on column criteria (including custom columns) and a way to switch between different filters. Its really surprising that its missing from OmniOutliner so far. For examples see Outlook, Ecco, MORE, Bonsai, TAO, Shadow, etc...

d

The single-most important thing I'm looking for in OO 4.0 (or anything, for that matter), is the ability to use filters to look at my information in different and customizable ways. Agenda (way back when) had it, and more recently, Ecco was my most indispensable program because of it. I miss it every day. Can't wait for OO to have it.

How does tomorrow sound?

Omnifocus, then ?

Hi,

I'd like the following features for a major v4-release of OmniOutliner (Pro):

- paste text AND clear style (would be very handy especially while browsing the web)
- a search-function similar to the one in Circus Ponies Notebook (alphabetical index)
- the ability to draw simple - really simple - diagrams
- a contextual menu clipping plug-in (would be cool for apps like Safari)
- comments should be displayed like in Apple's Pages app (i.e. on the left side)
- a function similar to the one that can be found in VoodooPad (i.e. linking, so called wiki-style)
- and last but not least: tabs (like in VoodooPad)!

Otherwise - great app.:) I wish you'd release new versions in a much shorter timespan.:/

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpelz View Post
- paste text AND clear style (would be very handy especially while browsing the web)
The Edit -> Paste With Current Style does exactly this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTrew View Post
Omnifocus, then ?
OmniFocus and OmniOutliner do different things. We can already search the first column of an outline -- why not add the same near-filtering feature to the other columns? Or better, the ability to filter based on the info in any column. That would make OO even more useful when working with a large outline.

Henri, OmniOutliner can actually search on any text column, not just the first column. Sadly, it can not search on non-text columns, which I'm guessing is what led you to believe that the search was only on the first column. This is a limitation that we expect to remove in a future version.

Last edited by Brian; 2008-10-14 at 04:03 AM.. Reason: corrected a typo

I use a lot oo at work and I would like to see my teamate use it also.

Oo would kick ass for me if it as some collaborative function.
- I would like to see it recognise my teamates on the network and have them edit the doc with specific graphical something to identify who modify the doc.

- One other thing could be versioning; go in different version/revision of the doc.

- Web possibilities for edition (in the same spirit of the above)

Vital needs in order of importance:
Filtering (the current side search list is too narrow to be useful for me)
Clones
Tags
Multi-criteria SmartSearch Folders

Nice -but not necessary- touches:
Easy Manual highlighting (like CPNotebook -press a modifier and the cursor becomes a highlighter)
***** Ratings
Flagging
Linking to item from external applications

Pipe dreams:
Webkit/rtf/txt/pdf viewer built into comments field
live update linking to Omnigraffle (effectively providing a mindmap view)

Last edited by Cog; 2008-11-14 at 12:43 PM..