The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Smart Folders Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Smart Folders. This is something that would be great. Then you could (if your into GTD) add your projects in one section, add a smart folder for all of the next actions with context "Errands" or "Home", etc. You could add a "!Important" category and then add a smart folder which includes all posts that are checked for that, etc.

And when you check the box in a smart folder, the check box in the original section will be checked as well.

This would be ultimate... Really hope you guys read this and implement it in the next version. ;-)

I have an example for Smart Folders (Photoshoped)

Suppose I'm listing years from 1997-2006, and in each year i added rows of bullets in them, i then (tag) some notes in year 2003,2001..etc as a (places i went to) tag, then by adding a "smart row" it automatically looks for the tag (places i went to) and then displays them,

after that i see (places i went to) items and each row has the year next to it (trees name) being in a column for instance

I think this feature could make this app really powerful, especially if the tags could be customized the same way as smart folders, so for instance a smart folder could be linked to web bookmarks that are added in the notes, or a smart folder for picture attachments, i think this could make the notes much more organized,

And that would open a lot of possibilities, say for instance a tag could be done for tutorials, or to buy items, top-priority tasks, GTD..etc

Working on a large OmniOutliner file with dozens of notes makes it really difficult to get the info i want

I don't know if thats doable or not, but just an idea

Thanks in advance

Mr.Projects

Last edited by mr_projects; 2006-12-20 at 06:47 AM..