The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Independent Columns? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there a way to set columns just for specific levels? For example, I have a list of lawyers I am supporting, and under each name I have a project list. I want to put a "due date column" and a "complete" column, but I don't want it to appear at the level 1 row, which is the level with the lawyer's names.

Ideally these secondary columns would be indented and only appear with the level 2, or level 3, etc subject.

Any help?

Thanks,

-ddog

Unfortunately, there is no support for this in OmniOutliner 3. For what it's worth, we are aware that many people have requested this capability, and indeed we at Omni would love to have this as well. Also, some architectural work has gone into this (see OmniFocus, which shares some of that codebase and which has a limited form of this feature), so chances are good that we will be able to introduce it in a future version of OmniOutliner.

-andrew

An excellent example of the "problem" is when you have a checkbox column for a 3+ level row document.

If you only want the checkboxes to appear for, say, rows with level of 2, you're out of luck.

Incidentally for anyone reading this looking to do it, if you want checkboxes to only appear for the DEEPEST row-level, you can simple use the Summary: Hidden option on the column.