The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

What does Jump to Selection do? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I came across a keyboard shortcut for Jump to Selection and am having trouble figuring out what it does.

Thanks

Michael

When you're in edit mode with some text selected, the Jump to Selection command scrolls the window to the selection and briefly highlights it in yellow. This is a standard feature of the Mac OS X Find command, and lots of apps support it (e.g. TextEdit, Safari, etc. ). It's particularly useful when you've got a very large chunk of text in an OmniFocus note field or when you're doing a Find in edit mode and don't immediately see highlighted text.

Hope this helps.

-Dennis

That does help Dennis. Thank you.

Michael

I probably should have mentioned that the behavior I described above is for Leopard. If you're on Tiger, things may be a bit different (no yellow highlight, if I remember correctly). But the basic concept is the same.

-Dennis