The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Backup location Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm having a small dilemma... I really don't like having the backup folder in with my proper documents. I have separate place for my backups.

I notice that I should be able to change the location in preferences, but it doesn't work. The text field is greyed out so I can't type in it. There is a button labelled "Choose...", but when I select the new location in the dialog nothing changes in the preference window: the box still reads "~/Documents/OmniFocus Backups" and the backup still appear in there.

Does anyone have an insight on how I might change the backup location?

I'm using sneakypeek (v77.10.0.103907)

- Michael.

That looks like a bug. Use Help --> Send Feedback to file a bug report. I suspect the file chooser just isn't "wired" to the text area yet.

Curt

Already done :)

Thanks for your reply though.

Peace.

This is still happening to me on 1.6.1 (v77.16.6.0), any idea how to fix it?

Thanks.

V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
This is still happening to me on 1.6.1 (v77.16.6.0), any idea how to fix it?
I just tested in 1.6.1, and this seems to be working for me: I click on the "Choose…" button underneath the Backup Location field, then navigate to a different folder and click the "Open" button. The Backup Location field then changes to show the new location.

That isn't working for you? Does anything appear on your Console?

Now it works. I created a new Folder in the "choose" dialog and it stayed that way.

Before it just flipped back to ~/Documents every time I chose any folder.

I think we've seen a couple of cases where someone's information is moved from one machine to another and this happens. The pref pane will display "~/Documents", but the path that was getting saved in the preference includes the user name of their account on the old machine.

Any chance something like that is true for your account?

Well, I recently re-installed OSX and migrated my User from a Time Machine backup. But other than that ...