The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Printing headers in Beta version Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please, oh, please tell me I am just missing the explanation of how to print the date headers across the top of each page in a Gantt chart. You did add this capability to the Version 2.0 Beta, right?

Otherwise, I don't understand how anyone can distribute a complex project schedule as printouts or in a PDF. How is someone else supposed to be able to read the chart without its dates?

If the Beta can do this, can you please advise me where to look? Thanks!

Seems to put them on for me; have you monkeyed around with your Display Preferences?

Chandler: "I'm right here in the room, I can hear you." ;) (Comment to 'monkeying around with your display settings (and forgetting about it, ahem..) ;)

I've not seen how to do this... you can add headers to ages and customise, but not show the actual dateline on each page.

REally need this one to work guys.

Are you referring to the Gantt date headers, or the Print headers (i.e. Project Title, Print Date, Page Number, etc)? Those headers are in the Print sheet under "Show Details" then "Headers & Footers".

The Gantt headers (showing Days, Months, Years, etc) in your project certainly should be printing, as in whpalmer4's screen shot. If these are missing, you might check your Margin settings (again, in the Print Sheet's "Show Details").

If neither of those do the trick, you might contact us via Help > Send Feedback in the app. Our support ninjas don't always get a chance to help out in the forums, so you're likely to get a faster response via email.

Joel R
Software Test Pilot
The Omni Group

Hi everyone, I am having the same problem with the gantt date headers, and also the column headers for the WBS on the left hand side - I get them to show up on the first page, but not on subsequent pages.

Any ideas anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripley99 View Post
Hi everyone, I am having the same problem with the gantt date headers, and also the column headers for the WBS on the left hand side - I get them to show up on the first page, but not on subsequent pages.

Any ideas anyone?
Just to make sure you all understand the issue, this is exactly it. Most software I've used that requires header info and first-column info to make it make sense (as in a multi-page Gantt chart or any spreadsheet) allows you to repeat the header row and the left-hand descriptions on ALL pages. Otherwise the only way to read the chart is to print it out and tape it together. Which is a pain in the butt, and doesn't work at all for PDFs.

Don't the guys at Omni have this problem, too? What do you do?