The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Pane instead of drawer Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiamenese
I too am basically in favour of options, but excessive options, as has been said many times ends up degrading the user-experience, and I can imagine that programming an option for a visual difference as major as drawers vs panes would be far from easy and take an immense amount of time and effort.
I highly doubt that creating a pane as well as the drawer would take much programming at all thanks to the wonders of Cocoa and Interface Builder.

As for preferences, I think that this is one that enough people feel strongly about one way or another that including it would not degrade the user experience.

I love what Shiira has done with the PageDock in their b2 - see the latest release (Edit: Index)

Last edited by Splutter; 2007-02-04 at 02:51 AM..

Looks great; too bad their beta is so unstable.

Shiira is a beautiful-looking browser. Unforunately, it's unusable so far.

Maybe OW6 will take some pointers from its UI in some areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handycam
Unforunately, it's unusable so far.
Au contraire - it's not half bad - but avoid trying 'View Page Source" :rolleyes:

And don't try "general preferences" or scrolling past "encodings" on the edit menu. They all invariably crash the beta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daiyi666@yahoo.com
And don't try "general preferences" or scrolling past "encodings" on the edit menu. They all invariably crash the beta.
General Preferences bug has been fixed for a few releases now and I take it you meant scrolling on the View menu - which also is fixed.

Latest version is 070202 - but this is in danger of becoming too Shiira orientated :eek:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splutter
I love what Shiira has done with the PageDock in their b2 - see the latest release (Edit: Index)
Apart from the "View Source" crasher, I admit to liking what Shiira have done--and it's fast--that is except the PageDock. Vertical space is always more of a premium on any type of monitor than horizontal space. Even on my 17" MacBook Pro it takes out too much real-estate from the page window itself, and I truly dislike having to open it and shut it all the time! And it doesn't have all the functionality of OW's drawer; e.g. you can't drag a tab from one window to another ... if you accidentally open a link in another window rather than another tab, you can't drag it to where you want it.
Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splutter
General Preferences bug has been fixed for a few releases now and I take it you meant scrolling on the View menu - which also is fixed.

Latest version is 070202 - but this is in danger of becoming too Shiira orientated :eek:

Indeed, I stand corrected. Glad to know that these have been fixed now. I'll give it a try again.