The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Repeating Actions - control over "available" ?? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a project called "Daily Bites".
It handles big annoying tasks that I want to do by dedicating say, just ten minutes a day to.
(e.g. "Go through out-of-control gmail account and unsubscribe from mailing lists")
I've set a recurring task, with a daily repeat. When I tick it though, I want it to disappear from any perspective viewing by "available" until the next morning.

Anyone know if it's possible to do this? Apologies if this has been covered before. I've searched a few threads on repeating actions, but they're mostly in the double digit page counts and it's hard to know if I'll actually find anything relevant....

Put a start date on the task, and have it repeat with start after 1 day.

If you don't want something to appear as available until later (and you know when it is you want it to appear) a start date is usually the answer, and works for both projects and actions. If you want to put something on ice indefinitely, until you make it active again, projects can be placed on hold, but not individual actions. It is also possible to place a context on hold, which prevents any action assigned to the context from being shown as available.

I really like this concept millerworld. Thanks for the idea.