The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Color me confused... Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Ok, so I have been a long time viewer of the Omni ecosystem development. To me, it looks like the OmniFocus for Mac > OmniFocus for iPhone system is getting to an very interesting and usable place. The reason is because it appears I don't have to walk away from Apple's iCloud system and all its benefits (Siri, sharing with others (personal and biz) who may not be so twisted when it comes to task management as me.

But I am at a loss as how to get my iCloud based tasks into OmniFocus for the Mac. I use BusyCal for my iCloud based events. I too, like others on this forum, endorse BusyCal's event management, but I need the high powered octane that comes with OmniFocus.

So the recent Siri developments got me interested, but before I go to the iPhone app, I want to establish Omnifocus for the Mac before I go with it on the iPhone, but for the life of me, I don't know:

1) Does tasks on OmniFocus for the Mac sync with iCloud reminders. BusyCall does this very well on the events side. OmniFocus on the iPhone looks to have worked out a very nice back and forth between it and iCloud...

2) How do I get my iCloud based tasks into OmniFocus for the Mac?

3) Do the iCloud based tasks map to Context(s) or Projects? If I read the material right, it appears to be Contexts. If so, someone please explain to me why? In may view I can understand a iCloud calendar used for a project's events (and tasks) as being pretty straight-forward, as I would understand if OmniFocus also mapped projects to iCloud calendars.

But I'm missing the mapping to context mapping. How would that work? Say I have 5 project calendars on iCloud already, do they all map to a single context? If so, how to connect to similar named projects in OmniFocus for the Mac?