The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Move the menu bar icon? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Sorry, I'm almost sure this is a stupid question that I should either be able to answer for myself of find by searching the forums, but I've failed on both accounts...

How do I move the menu bar icon for OmniFocus? Command drag doesn't seem to do it... I can't move it to the right, nor can I move anything else to the left of it.

Hmm... looks like mostly only Apple's menu bar items can be reordered with command. There's a few ideas for workarounds in this thread: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=430695

I've got a lot of stuff in my menu bar, but the only things that let me do the command-drag trick (in Snow Leopard) are those that are System Preferences items or otherwise don't have a constant on-screen presence.

The ordering for the ones you can't reorder depends on the order in which they were launched. There are some tactics for controlling that here: http://hints.macworld.com/article.ph...00105215114540

And Lizard and I come up with nearly identical content, great minds and all that :-)

Ok, so I'm not crazy.

I guess I'll send this as a feature request, then...

Thanks!

Have to send it as a feature request to Apple...