The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Developer > Omni Frameworks
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OF (iPad) add/edit project/action dialog Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm having a first look through the Omni Frameworks. There's a lot there to trawl through.

Does anyone know if the add/edit item dialog in the iPad build of OF is created using the OG frameworks, and if so, which bits? I particularly like the vertical tab bar, and had been thinking of building something similar for my own use. But if there's code in the frameworks I can learn something from, all the better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrisB View Post
Does anyone know if the add/edit item dialog in the iPad build of OF is created using the OG frameworks, and if so, which bits? I particularly like the vertical tab bar, and had been thinking of building something similar for my own use. But if there's code in the frameworks I can learn something from, all the better.
Hi Cris,

That particular chunk of code isn't part of our public frameworks.

The editor was written to target iOS 3.2 (before UIViewController supported containment) —*we might architect things differently if we were started from scratch today.

The vertical tabs in the item editor code doesn't feel all that interesting. (It probably has dependencies on other OmniFocus iPad code, and we haven't needed it elsewhere yet.)

If there are questions I can answer to help get you started, I'm happy to help.

There is an array of tab buttons that we lay out vertically. They overlap each other slightly, and the selected on has the highest z-order.

There's also a container view. When a tab button is pressed, we swap the content of the container view with a cross fade animation.

—Jim

Last edited by Jim Correia; 2012-09-10 at 08:22 AM.. Reason: Corrected typo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Correia View Post
Hi Cris,
That particular chunk of code isn't part of our public frameworks.
Right -- I wasn't necessarily expecting it to be so. Just checking as I'm no UIkit maven myself, and having seen something very close to what I wanted to do in OF, was casting around for good starting points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Correia View Post
There is an array of tab buttons that we lay out vertically. They overlap either other slightly, and the selected on has the highest z-order.

There's also a container view. When a tab button is pressed, we swap the content of the container view with a cross fade animation.
—Jim
That already helps quite a bit, as it hadn't occurred to me to visually coalesce buttons with the container view. Had been picturing doing custom drawing, which would have been needlessly complex.

I do at least have the advantage of being able to target iOS 5+, so I can assume the UIViewController containment API.

Many thanks for your help!