The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Working with OmniFocus and Omni Sync. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is it possible to communicate with the omni sync servers from a third party app?

I would like to be able to add tasks to omnifocus from Redmine and the have access to this from omnifocus anywhere.

There are some threads documenting the file format:

here

and here

There's not much info out there though. If you manage it, you could write something up to help the rest of us?

Hello amorya,

Thanks for your help will try to look into it but I'm wrestling with quite a few projects at the moment (that's why i need omnifocus to begin with). If its only modifying zipped XML files and uploading to a server it sounds quite simple. My problem is that I haven't worked with Ruby on Rails.

If I do come up with something I will report back.

-cheers,
Fabricio