The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Remaining Costs Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there any way in OmniPlan to show remaining costs? That is, if I have a task that is 100k, and it is 75% complete, is there any way to show that there is 25k of cost remaining on the tasks. Ideally this would work just like the cost, and roll up the task hierarchy calculating totals.

The short answer is "no".

If you are comfortable with AppleScript, you could add a custom data column, write a script that takes task costs and completion percentages, does the calculations, and sticks them back in the same data field for the parent tasks. Then you can stick this script on the OmniPlan toolbar and it'll be handy whenever you need to update the numbers.

We're also looking at expanding the built-in cost/budget features for OmniPlan 2.0. If you've got specific needs or requests, I encourage you to email us at omniplan@omnigroup.com.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
The short answer is "no".

If you are comfortable with AppleScript, you could add a custom data column, write a script that takes task costs and completion percentages, does the calculations, and sticks them back in the same data field for the parent tasks. Then you can stick this script on the OmniPlan toolbar and it'll be handy whenever you need to update the numbers.

We're also looking at expanding the built-in cost/budget features for OmniPlan 2.0. If you've got specific needs or requests, I encourage you to email us at omniplan@omnigroup.com.
It would be very cool to find such a script there. Or at least an example script to modify in order to do a task by task action.

Oh, I forgot. I put a similar script up here: http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=7474