The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus for Windows or Web [A: No plans for Windows app, Web possible someday.] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Thanks for the tip-off on that iPad keyboard case. Personally I'd want just the folding bluetooth keyboard myself.

It's pretty tough because the iPad dimensions will most likely change over the years and I wouldn't be able to use the old case on a new iPad.

I have omnifocus on my Macbook pro, iPhone, and iPad, but I use my windows desktop 90 percent of the time when I'm at home. It's just not as natural and intuitive to access my other devices to see my todo items when I'm on my pc.

Last edited by Deedubau; 2011-05-26 at 04:43 PM.. Reason: typo

I think this need may be best addressed by a third party. Omni has released some code previously that may be helpful, a web service would be preferred to a Windows binary for a lot of users I'd imagine.

I would think that a Windows version of Omnifocus would be a good investment for The Omni Group, as there is no real competition on the Windows platform.

I love Omnifocus, and I use it on both my Mac, my iPhone and my iPad. However, I use Windows at work - and buying a Macbook just for using Omnifocus at work is out of the question. (Besides, running Autodesk Revit via Parallels wouldn't work very well)

I would LOVE to see a Windows version, and so would alot of my colleagues. So pretty please with sugar on top, make it happen!

Sorry, no plans for a Windows app in the foreseeable future. See this post from our CEO for some of the reasoning behind that. (Please don't interpret my brevity as disapproval, btw. It's a totally reasonable/understandable request! I just can't can't think of anything to say that Ken doesn't say better in that post.)

We have discussed a Web app; our current projects have us too busy to work on one for the time being. Maybe someday - the amount of demand for one is pretty apparent to us. :-)

Toodledo's webapp is the only thing keeping me from purchasing OF. Maybe someday.

If you just want a web app, there is a *very* good one that leaves Omnifocus in the dust in terms of GTD implementation (OF only takes care of runway and 10,000ft). Nothing web based is going to be as sexy or easy to use as omnifocus though - I've tried everything and there is nothing that beats the usability of omnifocus.

The web based implementation of GTD I am referring to is called GTD-PHP (pls google it) and is open source. You need some of the extra modules to get things like email=>inbox etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnablaze View Post
I would think that a Windows version of Omnifocus would be a good investment for The Omni Group, as there is no real competition on the Windows platform.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/taskunifier/

While my company doesn't really allow it, sometimes I can sneak in a few minutes of remote control over Teamviewer - a free application for PC and Mac that allows you to remotely control your computer and see the remote computer's screen on your screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Sorry, no plans for a Windows app in the foreseeable future. See "http://forums.omnigroup.com/showpost.php?p=98754&postcount=3", from our CEO for some of the reasoning behind that. (Please don't interpret my brevity as disapproval, btw. It's a totally reasonable/understandable request! I just can't can't think of anything to say that Ken doesn't say better in that post.)

We have discussed a Web app; our current projects have us too busy to work on one for the time being. Maybe someday - the amount of demand for one is pretty apparent to us. :-)
Read that post, I have been all about "Why not, its just another platform?" But after reading that post together with the knowledge about Good to Great & Built to Last, keep it up and do what you do best and I'll adapt!