The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Other Omni Software > OmniDazzle
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

keystroke overlays? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
The main reason I want to use OmniDazzle (more than the other simple cursor locators) is due to the solid support for core imaging, with good performance and seamless compatibility with my screen capture utilities.

I want to make tutorial movies for a complicated application.

But to make an effective tutorial, I need more than just cursor locating and drawing features. What I would REALLY like to see added is the ability to add small popup images of keyboard keys as they are struck.

If I hit E, a little keycap image of the E key would show up. It would disappear a second later. If I hit Ctrl+A, then two keycaps would appear together. These could enqueue rightward, and dequeue from the left, much like some games enqueue and dequeue various command icons.

The position of the keycap queue should be configurable, and perhaps the amount of time before they fade out.

It would be great if two OmniDazzle features could be run simultaneously-- chalk and flashlight, flashlight and keycaps, etc. You don't want to show such configurations during a presentation or a tutorial.