The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Exported PDF's are very large Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I've been using Omnigraffle for a long time, and build large wireframes almost daily. Omnigraffle is great, yet there is one feature that isn't completely worked out yet (I suppose), and bugs me.
Whenever I want to export my multi-canvas documents to PDF, I get a very large PDF-file, usually more than 100MB. It's true that my documents contains images and are between 5 and 20 canvasses long. But when I open that PDF in Adobe Acrobat and save it as an optimized PDF, I usually end up with a PDF that's around 2MB large. I know an optimized PDF really pushes every bit. But Omnigraffle should be able to go lower than 100MB right?
I'm wondering why these PDF's are so large. It would be nice to get rid of that extra step of exporting it to an optimized PDF.

Kind regards.