The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

please, please fix vanishing favorites Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
It's an old bug, but I hope it's soon fixed: many times, the "favorites" item in the bookmark menu vanishes, not to be seen for a long time. Not sure why, or why it comes back sometimes, but it's a drag.

I agree. This has been a major annoyance for me since I first tried 5.5. This is one of the reason why I don't keep OmniWeb as my default browser for long. I've emailed Omni about it and they're not sure of the cause of it either. For some reason they're unable to duplicate it even though it happens to me on two machines very consistently.

Supposedly moving the Favorites.html file from ~/Library/Application Support/OmniWeb from it's original destination, restarting OmniWeb, closing it, and moving the file back fixes it. Sometimes it works, but the problem just keeps coming right back for me.