The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > Syncing via Omni Sync Server
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

omniserver changed to old mac db Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
so i am in the process of migrating from mobile me to omnisync server

i changed my ipad and my iphone and everything was great.

i hadn't used my macbook air for a few days. then i went to change that, and entered all the new sync info, and it uploaded my macbook air db - which was NOT up-to-date, it was several days old. so there's no backup of the correct db on my mac, and now the omni server also has my old db.

where else can i get a copy of the up-to-date omni server db, since my mac doesn't have it?

thanks.

Probably easiest if you call/email us directly.
omnifocus@omnigroup.com or 800 315-6664 or +1 206-523-4152

If you haven't synced your iPhone/iPad yet, they still have a copy of the latest. It may be as simple as letting one of them sync, which will warn you that they don't match and ask which one you want (sync or local, I think the options are).

Also, iDisk should still have a copy of the iPhone/iPad database, which you could manually copy down to your macbook air.

So, your data is almost definitely still available, but you may want one of our Support Ninjas to coach you through retrieving it, to help make sure you don't lose it in the process of trying to save it. They answer phones and email until 5 pm Pacific time.

Update: quercus29 contacted us via phone and we got this sorted out. His iOS devices still had a copy of his data, so we cleared out the server and the Mac, re-synced from his iOS devices, and he was back up and running.