The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Newbie display question Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
So I'm setting up my perspectives using context view and project grouping. I use this for a Today view. Thing I've noticed is that if I have a start/due or note associated with the project itself (not an action), it isn't visible in this perspective. I can see all of the associate action start/due/notes, just not the parent project.

So, not sure if I'm missing as setting or not using the program well. What I want to do is associate an Evernote link with a project, in general, at times when the reference material in Evernote do not relate to a specific action step, but rather all of the action steps. I realize I can still get to this by switching to a planning view but this seems to defeat the purpose of setting up a unique perspective to begin with.

I'd appreciate any advice, still very green at OF-

LL

If you open the Preferences menu and go into the Data tab, look under the "Projects and Action Groups" section- do you have the "In Context Mode: Show Projects and Action Groups" option turned on?

If it is, and you're still seeing this issue, it may be dependent on the filter settings and the dates you have assigned to the projects. If you could send us an email with screenshots of what you're seeing, we'd be happy to take a look.

You can take a screenshot by pressing command-shift-4, which will give you a selection cursor. You can click and drag to select the area of the screen to capture and when you release the mouse the image will be saved to your desktop as 'Picture 1', 'Picture 2', etc. You can then drag these to an email message to attach them for us. Thanks!

Jbrown-

It is turned on. Not sure how to get a screenshot posted here, the only difference is one uses a Remaining filter, the other Available.

The project header has no start or due date or context. Perspective settings are:

grouping:project
sorting:project
availability: see two options above
etf: any

Last edited by LLBean; 2012-05-09 at 11:16 AM..

Thanks- it's tricky to troubleshoot this without seeing what you're seeing, so could you shoot us an email at omnifocus@omnigroup.com with screenshots attached?