I would like to propose some very simple time tracking features. I think iBiz3 is a bit over the top for most people, IMHO.
Here's where I am:
- I itemize my tasks in Sidenote. It's a great little notepad that hides itself when you don't need it.
- As I work through items (or make new ones up on the fly), I record my time in OmniOutliner. All work is nested by week and day, and OO automatically sums up the hours for me for each level.
Here's where I'd like to be:
- OmniFocus can be attached to an edge and hidden when not moused.
- A column added for recording task time. (currently it seems that both estimate and duration are used for the same thing.)
- A simple report that can sum up this column, selectable date range and all/selectable projects.
- The quick insert should allow you to specify a task time value.
- Time related CSV export for people who need to more visualization.
FWIW, I own OF, but since starting to freelance, I don't have time to repeat myself in multiple tools.