The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Right Click -> Go Back Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
This is really killing me - to get to "Go Back" in the right click menu, you have to go waaaaaay down the menu. Safari and Firefox both have it as the very first entry on the right click menu. I'm sure I'm not the only person that has muscle memory to right click -> move slightly -> "Go Back". Anything else on the right click menu is secondary. Pleeease make "Go Back" the first entry.

PS - The sneaky peeks are kicking ass. I was on the fence with omniweb 5, and always end up needing firefox/safari to render some stuff - I've been using firefox pretty much exclusively for about six months now. I just got the latest sneaky peek though, and holy crap! Everything is rendering properly now, and fast! Trying to use firefox now seems soooooo slow. I had forgotten how much I love your visual tabs too (I'm a tab whore). In fact, I think the right click->back problem is the only thing bugging me now. ;)

I'm curious, if you're going through the effort of clicking and moving the mouse, why not just use the GUI buttons?

I just use the thumb buttons on my mouse.

I guess you didn't understand what I was saying. Mouse down, move the mouse roughly two pixels, and mouse up - roughly the same effort as using a thumb button on a mouse, since the gesture right doesn't need to be aimed at all. Compare this to navigating out of the document area (probably 1000 pixel trip on average for me), locating a small gui button (20x20?), clicking, and navigating back to the document area (another 1000 pixels).

As far as I know, 'back' is the topmost element on the right click menu for every popular browser (mac, windows, and linux). It's not an accident ;) It's very easy to hit, and this is a very common browsing habit that people pick up; obviously any user that has this habit from using *any* other web browser is going to get frustrated with the right click menu in omniweb.

Thumb buttons are great, I use those on my trackball - but my mouse doesn't have them. Even using mice with a thumb button though, I sometimes use this habit, since I built this habit long before mice had thumb buttons.

2 words: Cocoa Gestures http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/9662

Adds the ability to go back with right-click-drag. So you don't even NEED to pop up a menu.

You can also hit "delete" to go back. The context menu seems like a lot of work to me.