The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Need web integration Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
On the question of web export, I can find both Task and Resource Export, but I am not clear how to customize the HTML templates to have the information I want (for example Task status by resource).

Also, it appears that Export > Web Page isn't working for me. I get an error that says:

The document <OmniPlan doc name> could not be saved to <HTML doc name>.

Please send more details about this error (including console messages or the project you're trying to export, if possible) to omniplan@omnigroup.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len Case
Disclaimer: I'm not on the OmniPlan team... but we felt there was a need for a "small" project management application and you have to start somewhere.
Just want to but my two cents in here an say "bravo" I think that this is an excellent small project management program. There are certainly a lot of programs out there for managing large projects, but smaller ones with only a few resources (less then 10) are hard to find.

In the past I have tried Process and Merlin and neither really fit my needs. Merlin has nice mac integration, but is really bigger then I need, and Process is to small. Omniplan fits perfectly.

As for web integration, For me, one button .mac posting of the web exports would be excellent so that others on the team that work from other offices can quickly see where we are (I realize that the current webpage export is only a step away from this, but I am spoiled by .mac). I would also love to see Bonjour integration though much like SubEthaEdit or Noteshare so that I could host the program and file but allow colleagues access to update timelines, calendars, resources etc.

Thanks for another great product. :)

Last edited by ruMac; 2006-07-28 at 08:21 AM..

Personally, I would like to collaborative OmniPlan files that are like SubEtha and CODA where two or more users can access the same file and manipulate the file as needed. Export to HTML or a WebDav-enabled server is fine if all you want people to do is read things. I need people to make changes to show work completed, etc. without them having to email me all the time to say something is done or please update that. I'd need a full-time assistant for that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DzynLab
Personally, I would like to collaborative OmniPlan files that are like SubEtha and CODA where two or more users can access the same file and manipulate the file as needed. Export to HTML or a WebDav-enabled server is fine if all you want people to do is read things. I need people to make changes to show work completed, etc. without them having to email me all the time to say something is done or please update that. I'd need a full-time assistant for that!
We have a feature request open for this so I'll add another vote for you.

Forrest...

I'm using OmniPlan for IN HOUSE work and collaboration, but I have a vendor I work with that uses Basecamp to communicate & collaborate with me and my other co-workers.

If you haven't checked this out yet....give it a shot.

That said, I'm pullin' for OmniPlan to replace Basecamp for me completely.

Eric

I realize I'm posting to an old thread, but I'm curious where things are at now.

I do appreciate the attention to detail that the OG puts into their products. Being able to use the software on platforms you don't support is even more of a requirement now than it was then. And now there's "cloud" hype and a lot of expectation with that.

I really need something that:
- Clients can view, update... portions that are appropriate to them
- Is accessible on any modern mobile device (Windows Mobile support isn't required.)
- Is accessible on Windows desktop clients

And this doesn't really have to do with large projects - heck, even smaller projects it's good for. Especially for freelancers and small businesses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
I realize I'm posting to an old thread, but I'm curious where things are at now.

I do appreciate the attention to detail that the OG puts into their products. Being able to use the software on platforms you don't support is even more of a requirement now than it was then. And now there's "cloud" hype and a lot of expectation with that.

I really need something that:
- Clients can view, update... portions that are appropriate to them
- Is accessible on any modern mobile device (Windows Mobile support isn't required.)
- Is accessible on Windows desktop clients

And this doesn't really have to do with large projects - heck, even smaller projects it's good for. Especially for freelancers and small businesses.
Forrest,
did you found any appropriate solution for your issues... I have the exact same problem.

Last edited by Sharcells; 2013-01-28 at 10:29 AM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharcells View Post
Forrest,
did you found any appropriate solution for your issues... I have the exact same problem.
I keep testing OP2 and compare it to Merlin2 and web integration is one of the things that Merlin has.