The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prevent completed items from being deleted Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there some way I can prevent completed items from being deleted? When they go away, I have no record of what I have completed. If I can't remember whether I have completed them or not, it turns into a big deal to track this down. If they remain on the list but checked as completed, I have a record of what is done, as well as what is not done.

Help!

--Kenoli

Completed items aren't deleted, but they are hidden from view by default. You can use the Availability Filter in the view bar to show actions with "Any Status" or "Completed" status to see everything, or just the things you've checked off already. There are also built-in perspectives for "All Items" and "Completed" in the Perspectives menu.

Thanks.

Is there any way to change the default? I'd prefer that the default view always be "Any Status."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Park View Post
Is there any way to change the default? I'd prefer that the default view always be "Any Status."
Create a perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatOne View Post
Create a perspective.
You should also be able to just save a new snapshot of the default perspectives, with the status filter set to your preference.