The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Using the Estimates Column Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a project with a definite deadline on it (end of the week), and have all the sub-tasks laid out. I'd like to go through each one, and estimate, and see the hours sum up to make sure everything is sane.

I can edit the estimate column by tabbing to it, is there a shortcut key beyond that?

Can you make the estimate column sum up subtasks to the parent? I have project -> goal -> subtasks to accomplish. I'd like for the numbers to sum up the tree.

The numbers don't currently sum. The GTD methodology that inspired OF doesn't emphasize planning projects in detail, so the initial thought was that estimates shouldn't sum because all the subtasks wouldn't be laid out. But Omni is very open to other uses of the tool. Others have expressed your wish. Use Help → Send Feedback to add your voice/vote to the request.

Curt

Thank you for the response. I know pure GTD doesn't really support that level of planning, but the week is tight, and I wanted to do a sanity check to make sure I was progressing as fast as I need to to get done.

Feedback sent via app.

There is a script in the Extras forum that will sum the times. I can't recall what it is called, but search on 'sum' may turn it up.