The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Task Progress Bar? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm new to OmniOutliner as well as the Mac OS. For my outlining needs, I'm making the switch from Bonsai a Windows and Palm OS outliner.

One of the features that I used the most with Bonsai were the "task progress bars". You can see what I'm talking about at this link. I tend to nest tasks under a heading and the progress bar easily lets me know if that group of tasks are complete.

I've looked around the basic version of OmniOutliner but have been unable to find a similar feature. I'd upgrade to the Pro version if it had the feature, but nothing on the web site illustrates if that feature is availble.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by mashby; 2006-09-26 at 02:21 PM..

While we don't display the percentage, the checkbox status of the parent item is dependent on the status of the children. It will be a '-' in the parent box when only some of the child items are marked as completed and a check mark when all the child items are marked as complete. This is in the standard and pro versions.

--
Derek M.
Support Ninja
The Omni Group

DerekM,

Thank you for the fast reply. Although it's not the answer that I'm looking for, it is at least and answer and keeps me from banging my head any further. ;)

Thanks again!