The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iPod Touch Syncing without WiFI Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi

I´m temporarely working in a place without a WiFi network and no access to any networks nearby (cafés etc.). Yes, these places still exist!

I´m able to be online via bluetooth-connecting my nokia cell-phone to my mac and can thereby keep my cloud up-to-date.
But how do I get the data onto my iPod Touch?
Can I somehow update via the cable, just like I update everything else from iTunes?
Or am I completely dependent upon having access to a WiFI network in order to update my iPod Touch?

As far as we know, only applications from Apple have the ability to sync over the wire. With the exceptions of a few apps that do stuff like hack Safari's bookmarks file on the device, all third party Apps need to sync via a wireless connection.

I think your best option is to set the Mac up to share the phone's wireless connection with your iPod Touch. The Mac would talk to the internet via bluetooth, and send the WiFi signals from your iPod over to the phone, as well.

You can find info on doing this in the "Creating a computer-to-computer network" page of the Mac Help material. Does that help?

Amazing... Just what I needed!!! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
As far as we know, only applications from Apple have the ability to sync over the wire. With the exceptions of a few apps that do stuff like hack Safari's bookmarks file on the device, all third party Apps need to sync via a wireless connection.

I think your best option is to set the Mac up to share the phone's wireless connection with your iPod Touch. The Mac would talk to the internet via bluetooth, and send the WiFi signals from your iPod over to the phone, as well.

You can find info on doing this in the "Creating a computer-to-computer network" page of the Mac Help material. Does that help?
i'm not sure whether only Apple apps can sync over the wire. Suppose not only.
But thank you for the help page, it was much of use!

Last edited by Ifer; 2012-06-19 at 01:33 AM..