The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Start Date and Availability Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Maybe it is a silly question, but searching on the forum I've not found any answer.

I've read that a task is Available when his start date has come.

So, it is normal that I see tasks with no start date as available?

Thank you

If a task has a start date, it will not be available before the start date has arrived. If there is no start date, there is no restriction. That is not the entire availability story, however. To be available, the task must also not be other than the first incomplete action in a sequential project or action group, must not be assigned to a context which is on hold, must not be assigned to a project or action group which is on hold, dropped, or assigned a future start date, must not be contained in a folder which is dropped, and of course must not yet be completed.

Thank you very much, now I know exactly what I have to do to achieve my desired result.