The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In line PDF viewing disabled? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there a way to disable OW loading and viewing PDF's and have it download PDF's to disk like 5.5.4 pre?? Even better a unit in the app which allows us to set specific file types like PDF to download an automatically open in nominated application such as Preview in this case?

Thanks

Bump. I also can't figure out how to change the default and have pdfs open in Preview

(5.6 alpha)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredH
Bump. I also can't figure out how to change the default and have pdfs open in Preview
(5.6 alpha)
Same here. I seem to remember a Terminal command?

Regardless I hate PDFs opening directly in OW.

Is this it? I think you need to replace the false with true to disable it. Note, if you have Adobe Reader 8 installed, you will have to disable its plugin (which can be done in OmniWeb Preferences) as it now supports OmniWeb.

defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniWeb5 WebKitOmitPDFSupport -bool false

Code:
defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniWeb5 WebKitOmitPDFSupport -bool false

Last edited by JKT; 2007-07-15 at 01:52 AM..

N.B. I got the command from this thread - go there for the explanation as to why you need to use true to disable it (which seems counterintuitive):

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthre...light=bool+PDF

Thanks for the tip about the Adobe plugin. It's pretty nice, actually, I might start using PDFs this way now.

Personally, I find it very sloooow to load - perhaps it is a lot better on the MBP than it is on my Powerbook? ;)

Just wanted to add that you can now right-click on PDFs opened in OmniWeb and send them to Preview which may be helpful to someone out there. This way you can still get them out of the browser quickly without disabling the feature completely.