The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Review feature broken in latest release? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is the Mark Reviewed feature broken in this latest release? I had a system for using this feature that worked really well based on all projects set for review every day and a Perspective that showed me only Next Review items; and every time I Mark Reviewed a project, it disappeared (not showing up again until the next day).

But now when I use the Mark Reviewed icon or keyboard shortcut (Shift-Command-R) nothing happens. In the Inspector, it correctly shows that it was just marked, but next window with the date/time doesn't increment to tomorrow the way it used to.

I'll submit a bug report on this.

--Sandy Santra

I take it you're in planning mode, grouping by "Next Review" and sorting by "Next Review"? I'm doing that now with the latest build, and when I click "Mark Reviewed", the projects disappear from the current group ("Within the last month" for me) and reappear in the right place.

What I do notice is that if I group by folder but sort by "Next Review", the folder at the top isn't the one with the oldest review date.

i just did my review and it worked the way it always has, correctly. As of today I have the latest version of OF.

It seems that the next review time is not set correctly. Projects with a review time in the past are set to today. Projects due for review today stay there. Those in the future are set to today for review. Using version 92440.

Schimmi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schimmi View Post
It seems that the next review time is not set correctly. Projects with a review time in the past are set to today. Projects due for review today stay there. Those in the future are set to today for review. Using version 92440.
I'm noticing this behavior with projects whose review date is in the future, but not those whose review date is today or in the past.

Example: I have a project set for a weekly review whose last reviewed date is 1 week ago, Oct. 1, 2007. I mark it reviewed today. The next review changes to Oct. 15.

On the other hand, a project whose next review is tomorrow changes to today if I mark it reviewed. Clicking Mark Reviewed again does not advance the review date.

I normally sort by Name, but even if I have it set up as you do, it still doesn't work.

My projects have no start or due dates, but they all have review dates set to every 1 day.

I was a few days behind this morning, so I Mark Reviewed everything in the past and in the Yesterday group. Those items disappeared correctly.

But when I started doing Mark Reviewed on Projects in the Today group, I noticed nothing was disappearing. The Inspector updated the Project's Review status as being "Last: Oct 8, 2007 4:38 PM" but the Project did not disappear from the Today group. Nor did the "next review" date/time increment up correctly to tomorrow for any of them.

This all used to work. The reason I feel so sure about this is because I had a Perspective set up for this process and used it a couple days in a row as I recall.

But maybe the problem is that I got behind. Maybe this workflow that I was using gets screwed up if I get a day off. Dunno.

As a test, I have now selected all active Projects (in a different view), marked all of their Review dates for tomorrow 12:00 a.m., and they correctly ONLY show up in the Tomorrow group in my Review Perspective. So now my Review Perspective has nothing in it for Today.

I'll wait for tomorrow to come, see what then appears in the Today group, and test to see if Mark Reviewed works on those items then.

If it does, it's just a matter of reviewing EVERYthing EVERYday--or the program gets confused and doesn't function correctly anymore.

Unless it's some other bug affecting the Mark Reviewed feature.

Sandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I take it you're in planning mode, grouping by "Next Review" and sorting by "Next Review"? I'm doing that now with the latest build, and when I click "Mark Reviewed", the projects disappear from the current group ("Within the last month" for me) and reappear in the right place.

What I do notice is that if I group by folder but sort by "Next Review", the folder at the top isn't the one with the oldest review date.

Last edited by santra; 2007-10-08 at 01:07 PM..

It's after midnight, so I can test this, and here's the result:

Mark Reviewed doesn't work on Projects with Actions that "must be performed in order."

Any thoughts, anyone?

Anyone? I really need to get this figured out today. Is it true that the Review feature doesn't work with Projects set up for Actions that "must be performed in order"? I didn't think that was the case before, but it seems like it is now, and I'd like to get to the bottom of whether it's a current bug or something I screwed up in my configuration.

If anyone else is successfully able to use Mark Reviewed on a Project that is set up with for Actions "must be performed in order" turned on and get that project to disappear (until the nex review), then that probably means I need to reconfigure something on my end.

Thanks for any feedback! Today is my day to get my Review process back up and running, so any postings on this will be a BIG help.

--Sandy Santra

Quote:
Originally Posted by santra View Post
It's after midnight, so I can test this, and here's the result:

Mark Reviewed doesn't work on Projects with Actions that "must be performed in order."

Any thoughts, anyone?

Any project (sequential or parallel) I've tested will be moved out of the current Review date grouping into another appropriate grouping upon review.

A project last reviewed "Today", set to review in 2 months will, when marked as reviewed today, move out of the "Today" group and into the "Within the next 3 months" grouping.

Confirm that your project review dates are what you expect, both next review and last review.

I have no problems reviewing any kind of project (parallel or sequential). When I click Mark Reviewed, the project disappears (and often shows up in one of the other categories, like Within the next week or Within the next month. (Are you using "Next review", "next review" for your filter?)