The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Syncing Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I bought OmniFocus for my iPhone and am excited about the application. I recently converted from the Palm Desktop. I started using OmniFocus on the iPhone and then it seized up and I had to re-install it. I lost all of my work. Now, I dont want to bother again until there is a reliable PC Desktop Application. Is there one in the works, and when will it be available?

Thank you

Buy a Mac and a copy of OmniFocus. If you absolutely must run some of that other stuff, avail yourself of one of the virtualization packages. You'll be a devoted Mac convert long before Omni builds a Windows application for you, I'll bet :-)

If you are just concerned about backup of your data, you could get yourself a WebDAV server account somewhere and sync your iPhone to it. Perhaps you can even run your own on your PC. My impression is that BingoDisk works satisfactorily for this purpose and isn't too expensive, but check the forums to be sure.

Last edited by whpalmer4; 2008-08-16 at 02:09 PM..

Omni currently has no plans to develop a Windows version of OmniFocus. However, some users have begun work on their own Windows apps that sync with OmniFocus over in the OmniFocus Extras forums. You may want to follow their progress.

But yes, syncing to a WebDAV server will provide you with a backup you can recover from if something goes horribly wrong.

OK Thank you.