The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Selecting Multiple Objects with Dragging, but Skip Underlying Objects Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Recent PC to Mac convert switching from Visio to Graffle. Here's something I'd like to be able to do and I'm hoping there's a way to do it I'm just missing...

* I'd like to be able to click and hold and select only those objects surrounded by the lasso / selection box.

* Right now, If I click and hold, then select multiple objects, all I have to do is to touch them and they're selected. This includes underlying objects. For example, if I have 3 little boxes on a big box and I just want to select the little boxes, I'd like to just lasso them all rather than Cmd-Click each one. I could use layers for this, but that seems cumbersome.

Visio allowed for this; in fact is was the default. It's the one thing I kind of miss. Anyway to do this? Some key combination or mode I'm missing?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Scott

Holding down the Option key while you drag to select will get you the behavior you're looking for.

Hope that helps,