The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unattached task scheduling Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

Since I upgraded to Omniplan v2 i've encountered a problem that I can't get to the bottom of.

I've created a brand new plan, and want to retrospectively enter project tasks from November into the plan, so i've set the start date for the appropriate date. I've also entered a load of tasks, but with no dependencies, resources assigned or any other detail.

For some reason there are a number of tasks that I can't set the dates to before today's date, however this is only the case for some of the tasks.

Anyone else had this problem? Am I missing something? Why are some of the tasks restricted to today's date? How can I remove this restriction?

If this was due to any dependencies or constraints i'd understand, but this is a brand new plan!

Help!

What do you mean by you can't set the dates to before today's date? You aren't given a field in which you can enter dates, or you are given such a field but the date immediately changes to today's date after you enter it, or you are given such a field and you enter the date but it has no effect on the scheduling, or what?

A good plan of attack for any "why is my project [not] doing this?" question is to use Help->Send Feedback in the app to send an anonymized copy of your plan to the Omni support group. All of the action names and notes text are replaced with Task 1, Task 2, and xxxx xxxx xxx so you don't have to worry about confidential data leaking.