The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

How do I email a project? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a project that involves actions done by three different people. I have the project nicely set out in my Omnifocus and I wanted to email it to the other two parties after our team meeting today.

I dragged the project into an empty email but all that I got in the email was the title of the project (underlined)

I even right-clicked the project in the hope that there would be a contextual menu item "email this project" but no unfortunately.

I want the whole thing to appear just like it does in omnifocus:

1) Project Title
2) Each Action
3) Any text notes in each action.

How do I do this?

My workaround was
1) Make OF focus on the project
2) Export as HTML
3) open HTML in Safari and Save as PDF
4) attach PDF to the email

The clip-o-tron 3000 makes it really easy to get email into Omnifocus - what is the quick way to get Omnifocus into email?

I need the mail-o-tron 4000!

Seems like it would be a bit quicker (and look somewhat more like it does in OmniFocus) to start as you did, but instead of exporting to html, use the print command and click the PDF button, then select the Mail PDF option...

By the way, it isn't necessary to focus to limit the scope of the export (or print) command; it is sufficient to simply select only the desired project(s) in the sidebar. The export to any OmniFocus file format always does the whole database, unfortunately; send in your feedback with Help->Send Feedback or email omnifocus@omnigroup.com if you'd like to see that changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Seems like it would be a bit quicker (and look somewhat more like it does in OmniFocus) to start as you did, but instead of exporting to html, use the print command and click the PDF button, then select the Mail PDF option...
That is a better suggestion, and gives a more accurate look. Thanks.