The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Problem creating projects in OmniFocus for iPhone Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I sent an email about this to the support ninjas, but thought I would post it here too in case anyone has any ideas. I'm having trouble uploading the screenshots, but I included them in the support email.
---

Ever since installing v1.6.1 of OmniFocus for iPhone onto my iPod Touch I've observed a strange behavior whenever I want to create a project from an inbox item.

Say I create an inbox item called "Really complicated task" (IMG_0027.png). This item shows up correctly in my inbox (IMG_0028.png). I realize this action is going to be more than one step so I need to make it a project. I tap on the task and then on the little folder icon in the lower right. This brings up the "Move Action" screen (IMG_0029.png). I then tap "Convert to Project".

Here's where it gets weird.

In previous versions of OF for iPhone I automatically went to the Project screen (IMG_0035.png). But with OF 1.6.1 I instead see the list of projects (IMG_0030.png). Note that on this screen the toolbar on the bottom is messed up and I see the folder icon in the lower right. If I tap that folder I get the "Move project to a new folder" screen (IMG_0031). I select Personal and then get the list of Projects (no longer showing my new project) (IMG_0032.png). Note though, that I can see my top level "Personal" folder but in the upper left, I have a button to go BACK to Personal... very weird! If I click that button I go to my Personal folder and see the project there (IMG_0033.png).

This definitely looks like a bug. Can you please fix this and revert back to the way it worked before (after clicking on "Convert to Project" I would like to have the "Project" screen (IMG_0035) displayed so that I can enter in project details, like sequential v. parallel, etc.).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0027.png
Views:	299
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	1346   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0028.png
Views:	304
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	1347   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0029.png
Views:	334