The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mail.app Links Breaking Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've been using the Clipping feature to link email messages to tasks. This is one of the great features of OF, in my opinion.

But I would say, maybe 40% of the time, when a task comes due and I want to reply to the email, I click "Original Message" and I'll get an error: No associated application could be found." I will say that clicking that link takes me to Mail.app, but it can't find the message.

In the spirit of full disclosure, I will frequently:

Step 1: Clip the email to OF.
Step 2: Move the email message to another folder.

I thought that might be the problem, but OF has found links to messages that I've moved, so I'm unsure what the problem could be: me, or OF?

Does anyone else have this problem? Or any ideas on what I should/could do differently to fix it?

Thank you.

Are you using 10.4 or 10.5? I'd think in 10.5 that moving the message shouldn't be a problem -- the messages have a URL (it's actually a GUID) associated with them, and thus when OF tries to connect back, Mail should be able to find the message regardless of where it is.

There is a longstanding but, and I don't know whether it has been fixed yet, but specifically messages that were sent from Microsoft Entourage don't work properly with the link back. Check to see what the user agent was that SENT the message to you. You may have to show all headers, but then you will see something like this as the User-Agent:

User-Agent: Microsoft-Entourage/12.15.0.081119

If you see something like that in common with the messages that aren't working, pile on with the feedback ;-)

Eureka - you were right! I'm on 10.5, but:

User-Agent: Microsoft-Entourage/12.15.0.081119

That is seriously messed up; half the users in my office use Entourage.

Stinking Entourage!! ;-)

I'll email the support ninjas; maybe it can be fixed in a future update.

Thanks for the info! Mystery solved.

This bug is fixed in the next 1.6 sneaky peek.

Now that's what I call SERVICE!

Thank you!

Hi Ken,

Indeed, this looks to be fixed in Sneakpeek Revision: 108852. So for that, I give you the highest form of emoticon thanks:

\m/ (><) \m/

However, it appears to be fixed when clipping using the "Mail on Mac OS X 10.5" clipping service. It does _not_ appear to be fixed with the "Mail with MailTags" service. Is that a separate location where you can apply the same fix? I use MailTags, so my fingers are crossed here ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatOne View Post
It does _not_ appear to be fixed with the "Mail with MailTags" service. Is that a separate location where you can apply the same fix? I use MailTags, so my fingers are crossed here ;-)
The same fix has now been applied to the "Mail with MailTags" service in the latest sneaky peek (r108881 or later). Please test and let us know whether it now works for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
The same fix has now been applied to the "Mail with MailTags" service in the latest sneaky peek (r108881 or later). Please test and let us know whether it now works for you!
Hi Ken,

Perfect. This fixed it for the MailTags plug-in, it's working at long last.

Thanks for fixing this. While maybe 1 on 50 emails I get is from Entourage, it's still annoying to have to Spotlight search in Mail to find it when the link doesn't work.

Thanks a bunch!