The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Toggle "Inspector palette" with keyboard shortcut Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi. I am curious if anyone has attempted to toggle the Inspector with a keyboard shortcut?. I need my OF app to have full screen width now and can not afford to have Inspector floating full-time.

The default setting for "Show Inspectors" is ⇧⌘I. However, unlike many other Omnifocus commands, I am not able to change the keyboard shortcut through Mac SysPref. Is "Show Inspectors" the correct command? I am suspect it is not.

My goal is to have a toggle - same keyboard shortcut for both turning-on and for turning-off. The help system refers to each function as a separate task, so am I suspect that toggle is not possible. Seems like it should be as there are only two states of the Inspector.

RT

I'm able to create two keyboard shortcuts in systems prefs to act as a toggle using the same keystroke, with the menu commands 'Show Inspectors' and 'Hide Inspectors'. The default keystroke of Command-Shift-I also works as a toggle, and is used frequently in various applications (where Command-I is reserved to change text to italic) to show an info pane or inspector.

Got it working. For some reason OF didn't like the key combos I was using. I found a new one I like better anyway. THANK YOU!

Hi there, what was your solution?

I'd like to change the shortcut for the inspector to ⌘I (I kinda don't like ⇧⌘I in omni focus...). Did not work via Mac SysPref...

cheers