The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iDisk/MobileMe/.Mac Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

MobileMe does not sync after login cached in KeyChain Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I can sync with MobileMe, to the Backup directory trick provided in another thread, but only if I delete my iDisk entry from the Keychain. That means I must always provide a password when starting OmniFocus -- rather inconvenient.

If I try to remember the login/password in Keychain and click the appropriate checkbox, sync fails from then on. Error message given in Sync preferences is either: "Unable to synchronize database with server / Unable to authenticate with WebDAV server. Please check that the user name and password provided are correct.", or: "Operation could not be completed. Too many open files."

During the couple minutes that OF tries to sync, I can see with terminal lsof output that it tries to open several new connections per second to iDisk. It gets up into several hundreds before it fails and finally (probably) times out, with lsof reporting something like 80 again. Typical lsof connection is something like this:
Code:
OmniFocus 12913 ttarchala   61u  IPv4 0x137f6a68       0t0       TCP TTR-MBP.xxx.local:54218->idisk.me.com:https (ESTABLISHED)
Then I need to go to Keychain and delete the iDisk entry, and voila, it works again. I checked in Keychain to ensure that:
- there is only one iDisk entry
- OmniFocus app is authorized to access it.

Still using OF 1.5 on my Macbook Pro with Leopard (didn't upgrade to 1.6 yet, as a friend reported some issues, so maybe that's the problem, but I didn't see anything in 1.6 release notes to suggest that this particular problem may have been fixed).

I'm having the same issue syncing against my local WebDAV server (Apache on OS X 10.5).

I've had the same problem with version 1.5 and now 1.6.

This problem doesn't ring a bell - what happens if you do the following?

Open Utilities folder
Launch Keychain Access
Select Keychain First Aid... from the Keychain Access menu

If that doesn't find any repairable problems (or if repairing them doesn't fix the problem), we'll need to gather some more information about what's going on here. Please contact the support ninjas so we can help.

(ttarchala, are you able to sign onto your iDisk from the Go menu in the Finder?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
This problem doesn't ring a bell - what happens if you do the following?

Open Utilities folder
Launch Keychain Access
Select Keychain First Aid... from the Keychain Access menu

If that doesn't find any repairable problems (or if repairing them doesn't fix the problem), we'll need to gather some more information about what's going on here. Please contact the support ninjas so we can help.
I tried that and it did not find any problems.

Quote:

(ttarchala, are you able to sign onto your iDisk from the Go menu in the Finder?)
Yes.

Absolutely scraping the bottom of the barrel, I guess I'd make sure you're searching for both "me.com" and "mac.com" variants of your iDisk keychain.

If you haven't already, contact the support ninjas and point them at this thread. We can do some lower-level diagnostics to see exactly what's going on here.